The college was founded with the following aims and purposes. These shall continue to be the guiding principles and fundamental basis for its existence.
- To foster the progress of education and to bring about a more abundant life through quality education.
- To provide necessary vocational education and training with a view to impart practical skills to students for self-employment and meaningful life.
- To provide sound and mature leadership by educating men and women to develop positive attitudes and to give guidance for correct living in moral, social, economic, political and spiritual life.
- To lead men and women to consecrate their lives to the service of humanity with the love of God and the spirit of sacrifice.
- To preserve, promote, learn and respect the rich cultural heritage of peoples far and near.
- To develop the college into a prestigious centre for learning by providing higher education of learning it may deem fit, proper and relevant to the people.