The basic objective of college admission policy is to provide opportunity to candidates seeking admission to various undergraduate courses without any prejudice to their caste, religion, language, ethnicity or gender. The admission committee chalks out the detailed plans and procedures for students’ admission for the academic year and implements it accordingly. One of the responsibilities is to offers undergraduate courses in Bachelor of Arts (General & Honours) and Bachelor of Commerce (General & Honours) for Kohima campus and Bachelor of Arts (General and Honours) for Sechü Campus.
The Admission Committee comprises of the following members:
- Dr. Kekuchol Pusa, (Convenor)
- Dr. Kewepfuzu Lohe(Member
- Mrs. Narola Chuba (Member)
- All HODs (Members)
- The college shall give an advertisement in the local newspapers about the various courses and subjects offered by the college along with the Admission dates and eligibility criteria for admission to B.A. and B.Com. 1st
- Fresh admission shall begin as soon as the higher secondary or 10 +2 results are declared by Nagaland Board of School Education.
- Fresh admission can be carried out both in online as well as offline mode depending on the need and requirement of the situation.
- For Sechü campus the Vice-Principal and the Hostel wardens shall look after the course admission as well as hostel admission. For Kohima campus the respective department teaching staffs and office staffs shall take the responsibility of admission to be advertised in the local newspaper and other social media platforms.
- To ease out the admission process, the college shall open a separate counter for each and every department along with document verification counter and cash counter. Issue of forms and prospectus shall be carried out in the respective counters and the candidates shall be allotted a particular date for admission. Candidates who fail to turn up for admission on the allotted dates shall be kept in a waiting list category and admission shall be given as per the availability of seats.
- Each department shall be allotted with 80 seats in B.A. and B.Com 1st However the number of students taking admission in the respective fluctuates every year with less turn over in some departments and more in other departments. Therefore admission committee can decide on increasing the number of seats in the departments where students turnover is good to compensate the shortage of target level in other departments. In addition depending on demand provision is made for accommodating more than the sanctioned number.
- The documents of the candidates should be thoroughly check and verified in the verification counter and admission shall be given only to those candidates with proper documents.
- Admission shall be given on first come first serve basis as well as on merit basis subject to the fulfillment of required criteria in the qualifying exam without any discrimination irrespective of caste, creed, tribe or gender.
- Candidates with first division marks in the qualifying exam shall be allowed to take direct admission to the subject of their choice as per availabilities of seats.
- Candidates from Science and Commerce background with 45% in aggregate shall be allowed to take admission for B.A Honours in the department of their choice offered by the college.
- Candidates seeking admission in B.A and B.Com Honours must secure 45% in the qualifying exam in that particular subject.
- Fresh admission to B.A and B.Com 1st semester will be closed on a fixed particular date even if the allotted seat are not filled.
- Admission to 2nd ,3rd 4th , 5th and 6th semesters for both B.A. B.Com shall be carried out before the result declaration of End Semester Examination. Admission money shall be reimbursed to those students failing in more than two papers.
- Students whose attendance fall s short of 80% in the previous semester shall not be allowed to take admission in the subsequent
- No representative shall not allowed to take admission on behalf of the student.