The motto or watchword of the National Service Scheme is NOT ME BUT YOU. This reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the needs for selfless service and appreciation of the other person’s point of view and also to show consideration for fellow human beings. It underlines that the welfare of an individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of society on the whole. Therefore, it is the aim of the NSS to demonstrate this motto in its day-to-day programme. The institution has three (3) NSS units. Some of the aims and objectives of NSS are:
- To understand the community in which they work;
- To understand themselves in relation to their community;
- To identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving process.
- To develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility;
- To utilise their knowledge in finding practical solution to individual and community problems;
- To develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities:
- To gain skills in mobilising community participation;
- To acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude;
- To develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters; and
- To practice national integration and social harmony.
1. Ms. Naro Jamir (Convener)
2. Mr. Kevizhalhou Medom (Member)
3. Ms. Asola C. Jamir (Member)
4. Student Representative of NSS Units (Member)